Re habing system.. need some input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKing

Reaction score
I'm rehabing my single tier 3 keg system. I'd like input on sparge control (fly sparge). Should I use a grant and pump from there, or use valve for control and pump directly into boil kettle. Direct seems best for recirculation but a grant seems better for run off control. Currently I switch between the two ,but it's a PITA.
I am also going to use quick disconnects. I guess you are all using free flow (no check valve)?
Thanks in Advance.

I would use free flow disconnects. A grant will lessen the likely hood of compacting the grain bed with a pump, but if you have run it without a grant and it works without problems on your system then the only real advantage would be the control like you said.

A valve on the output of the pump allows you fairly fine control of flow and as long as you start it off fairly slow you should be able to control your sparge rate.

Back