Quick question about Iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEcted1

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently decided to go ahead and try using iodophor as a sanitizer. I have one question though. I am going to sanitize my bottles and bottling bucket tomorrow but i'm not sure if I need to make sure the bottles and bucket have to be completely dry. Is it okay to just drip-dry my bottles (and bucket) or do I need to make sure that they are completely dry?

Thank you!

Drip dry will be more than fine. I dont even do that, as I dont have a bottle rack, and it has not been a problem for me. I just give them a good swing in the air to get out what i can before filling. Hope that helps.

RookieBrew said:
Drip dry will be more than fine. I dont even do that, as I dont have a bottle rack, and it has not been a problem for me. I just give them a good swing in the air to get out what i can before filling. Hope that helps.

Same method for me...............I run my bottles thru the dishwasher (NO SOAP) and then let the drip dry and start filling..............

Latest posts

Back