DirtyJerz Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFryan

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
S0-5
Yeast Starter
N/A
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
Good APA with a lot of hop flavor.
Grain
13 Pounds 2-row
8oz Victory

Bittering Hops:
1oz Warrior hops - (60 - 30 min added slowly)

Hop Additions:
-The hops (below) were combined together and added from 30min - 0 min
a few at a time every minute (saving some for a Flame out addition):

1oz Cascade
.5oz Simcoe
.5oz Mosaic

Irish Moss 15m

Dry Hops: Added Day 15
.5oz Simcoe
.5oz Mosaic
1.00 Cascade

Fermented at 68 degrees for 14 days. Added dry hops at day 15. Cold crashed at day 19 (roughly 45 - 50 degrees) . Kegged on day 22.

Notes: I started out with the intent of making Yoopers 60 min IPA until I arrived at my LHBS. I couldn't find Fawcett grains and due to the shortage of Amarillo hops I had to improvise. This was my first time using Moasic as well. I enjoyed this beer greatly and I will definitely be brewing it again. I came out way better than I had expected. It has an IPA hoppy floral note but due to my post boil volume and gravity I put it in the pale ale section. Just a warning it has absolutely no taste resemblance to DFH 60 min... I recommend giving it a try.

Looks tasty. I did a full Mosaic pale ale with 75% of the IBU's from my hop rocket that people loved. It's a very interesting hop.

I will without a doubt be brewing this again,as well as using mosaic more. I had some friends over today while brewing. This keg has been aging for 3 weeks and it really cleared nicely. The keg was kicked in about an hour with everyone wanting more.

Made my first 10 gallon batch of this. Another week it should be a lot more clear. The mosaic hops definitely add a lot of citrusy mango taste and aroma

image-450633252.jpg

Latest posts

Back