Bottling from kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkirkland

Reaction score
Ive been brewing for two yrs an it didn't take long to hate bottling. So I bought an new used fridge and with the help of my DAD we converted it to a kegerator.. here's my question.. I want to store some of my favorite beers but is buying a 80-150 bottling setup worth the investment? Or can I just fill bottles straight from my taps?..

Ps. Rev I'm sure you have seen this a million times but I'm on the app and it's hard to search out threads... Thanks for not punishing me!?! Lol

HB on IPhone

no you need to buy the Bowie Bottler.... see this thread here >>>>>> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/bottling-wand-perlick-525-75-aka-bowie-bottler-228344/ <<<< assuming you have perlick faucets. if NOT then you can go this route.

We don't need no stinkin beer gun >>>>>>https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/ <<<<<<

I started off with the BMB BierMuncherBottler but learned lifing my 60lbs granite lid to hook up a picnic tap was NOT some thing I wanted to do and fiddling around with my regulator sucked.

so I upgraded to the BB aka BowieBottler... I don't have to open my keezer lid, I don't have to mess with my regulator, it just works.

-=Jason=-

sometimes i'll transfer most of my beer to the keg and save a little for bottles and carb with carb tabs. its not exactly what you're talking about, but if you only want a few bottles to save it works pretty well

Thanks I will be buying one or more. I know a few guys in my beer club would love this!! ... Have you done any long term storage, or have you noticed a drop in carbonation?

HB on IPhone

Thanks I will be buying one or more. I know a few guys in my beer club would love this!! ... Have you done any long term storage, or have you noticed a drop in carbonation?

HB on IPhone

I have bottles that I "bottled" 6 months ago via this device that still have carbonation. albeit a little less, but still carbed just fine.

-=Jason=-

Latest posts

Back