Faucet identification help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradTheGeek

Reaction score
Last year I bought a full fridge, kegs, manifold, tank, etc used (good rice yard sale find!!!! Woot!!).
The stuff had not been used in years and the fridge gave out. I replaced the fridge, and have only had 2 kegs max going since then.

The old system came with 3 taps and a picnic tap. Right now I am using picnic taps as I have not installed the taps that I got in my purchase.

What i want to know, being a relative newb to this, is how can I identify whether the taps I have are perlicks or not.

Thanks!

I sure do.

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

these are standard rear sealing taps
408X_Perlick_Chrome_Faucet-300x300.JPG

these are Perlick forward sealing taps. A much better tap IMHO. There's a few different models.
pl_525ss_1011110170016120910150419.jpg

Perlick makes both forward seal and rear seal faucets. They always stamp their name in the casting somewhere. If you see it stamped then it is perlick. If it isn't that isn't a big deal. I don't see much quality difference between the rear-sealing faucets.

I guess my main question was are they forward or rear seal. They are indeed rear.

I would have responded sooner, but it was brew day, and there was a block party hosted across the street. I got to show of some of my handiwork, and was exhausted at the end of it all.

Thanks again

Back