New Brewer in WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMangan

Reaction score
Howdy folks. My wife and I have been brewing for about a year now, mostly mead and wine but a couple batches of cider and beer. We got started because she's allergic to sulfites, and we couldn't find enough good sulfite-free wine for her to drink. So now we make our own.

And yes, I know that wine naturally produces it's own sulfites. But the natural sulfites interact and bond differently than the added sulfites. It's the added sulfites that she can't have.

So, since I'm pretty much wandering alone in the brewing wilderness, I figured I'd sign up for some forum that I can search, research, and get advice from. And here I am.

Welcome to this corner of insanity called "brewing"! I'm a former Wisconsinite, and would really LOVE to move back to my home state whenever the real estate market comes back to life! Again, welcome!

glenn514:mug:

Glenn - you might want to try to buy up real estate right NOW in Wisconsin, at least in Western WI. Home prices are low, and they keep dropping. You might get a heck of a deal.

Glenn - you might want to try to buy up real estate right NOW in Wisconsin, at least in Western WI. Home prices are low, and they keep dropping. You might get a heck of a deal.

Ya, I know. Housing costs in Stevens Point...our favorite area...are really low. Problem is, we GOTTA sell the house here in Illinois! On a retiree's fixed income, we can't afford two mortgage payments. Meanwhile, we'll just bide our time and hope that the market improves before we're both dead!

glenn514:mug:

Latest posts

Back