• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Hopstopper or false bottom for Sanke Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
This is for a boil kettle and not mashtun. I am adding a diptube and just want to make sure I don't suck leaf hops into the diptube. If it's homemade that's cool too. I am getting a nice one from Jaybird for my mashtun but I don't need the level of awesomeness and cost for the boil kettle.

I'm w/ ya, looking for similar advice myself. I'm thinking of going with some sort DIY diptube w/ slots or holes. But I am concerned w/ plugging. Sorry to thread jack, looking forward to comments from the gurus.:mug:

Oh come on, you know you want another one from Jaybird. Those things rock...and they are indestructable. I bought two and will never look back. In a year, the $$ you spent will never be missed and you will have that thing for LIFE.

For what it's worth all I can say is i just used my Blichmann Hopstopper for the first time last weekend and it works well. So far the only thing that has worked for pellets. I'm very happy with the purchase. It left the mess in the kettle not my primary. For the price and what it does for my wort I think it's a no brainer......GET IT! :tank:

I actually have the false bottoms from Climax, and have done a side by side with Jaybird's. I don't see a difference between them, myself - and my buddy (who owns the Jaybird model) mentioned that he preferred the Climax one. (Beefier, feels sturdier).

That said tho, supporting a fellow HBTer is always a good thing.

I guess the Climax one could feel beefier(heavier) as it is bolted instead of welded. They are both 16 ga. SS.

Well I ended up ordering the climax one for 2 reasons:

1) it will be nice to add some climax to my beer making....

2) I am broke.

There has been lots of people on here recommend getting SS screen from McMaster Carr and making your own. Me, I just let my hops go in the fermenter (pellets that is). Got a best of show last weekend on a beer that had 8oz of pellet hops go in the fermenter. DWRHAH

Latest posts

Back