Woohoo...I just popped my blowoff cherry!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I brewed a Belgian Dubbel Sunday night and while I was at work today skimming through these threads, I came across some blowoff questions and I thought to myself, are all these people having blowoffs primarily using carboys. I only use buckets as my primaries and thought to myself I'll never get a blwoff because of the headspace in the buckets...Low and behold I get home and there is beer in my airlock and chunks of krauesen floating in there trying to clog it up! Of course I didn't have any hose large enough to fit a blowoff, so I had to take my airlock to Lowes and get some tubing (I attached the blowoff hose to it and I didn't wanna guess on the size it happens to be 1/2" ID). So I a happy to say "I got blowoff!" :ban:

No there wasn't a question I was just excited and wanted to share :D

Welcome to the club! Keep using that blowoff tube, because SWMBO will not clean the crap off the celing for you!

Yeah thanks it was really goin when I got home, its not blowing off anymore, buy it was a new experince to me.:mug:

Actually it was WLP540 Belgian Abbey IV Platinum Series, good guess, it is supposed to be middle of the road 530/550. Smells pretty good. Will probably be able to put my airlock back in tonight, but It was interesting to have my first blow off, that airlock was boiling yesterday evening! I really like White Labs, I haven't had the chance to use any Wyeast because my LHBS does not carry it, but I have had great success with White Labs, and I like their vial containers are great for storing washed yeast in!

The dubbel I just did(Wyeast 3787) was volcanoing for two days. Went from 1.075 to 1.010. :eek: It's gonna be a little strong.:drunk:

The dubbel I just did(Wyeast 3787) was volcanoing for two days. Went from 1.075 to 1.010. :eek: It's gonna be a little strong.:drunk:

Ohhh you poor baby.. Send it my way.. I'll take that terrible brew off your hands:):mug:

Back