Clarity?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinks

Reaction score
Are there any tips or tricks for getting cider clearer? I've only had my batch going for a week so maybe I am just impatient but is there anything I should plan on doing to give it more clarity?

Best thing you can do is wait... RDWHAHB... ;)

Depending on your recipe, give it about a month in primary, then rack, and a month in secondary will clear it... then rack again for bulk aging... It will come out crystal clear... :mug:

I've found that time is of essence(spl?).I start it in a glass carboy using a high floculating yeast(I believe)-sometimes Lalvin 1116 or 1118....I let er set in that carboy until all the activity has stopped,then let it sit even longer....Every batch I've done this way has turned out fantastic ! Although all have been "still" cider all have gotten rave reviews by the local cider "peers",even had a bottle get auctioned off at our towns fall festival-brought $62.00(that was after sampling a bottle the evening before).Sorry to run long. Shane

I've done Edwort's Apfelwein with Montrachet yeast, and I am continually amazed at the clarity. All I did was ferment at 65 degrees for 30 days and "Crash Cool" at 40 degrees for 2 days. I siphoned to the keg, and it's clear as a bell......

Back