Might Have to Break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a little over a year now. My gallon count for 2010 was 85. Not too bad. I have a cobbled together set up at the moment but it works. i have started collecting the parts and pieces to emulate what Kal did. Now the bad, I live in Missouri and just started working in Dallas. I haven't brewed any since November. I fly home on the weekends and stay in Dallas during my work week. I have time to brew on my weekends but I don't have a way to transport my brew. I really miss brewing. Hopefully when school is out this spring, we will relocate the family to the Dallas area and I can get back into it. Right now, due to financial reasons, I am forced to drink commercial swill that is marketed as beer. The only good thing about my current situation is that the more I drink of the commercial stuff, the more motivated I am to move the family and finish my brewing setup. Just wanted to rant for a few minutes to a group of people that would understand where I am coming from.:D

UPS yourself some of the good stuff/homebrew... :D Is work putting you up in a hotel, or do you have an apartment (or the like)??

You could go for a 2.5 or 3 gallon corny keg, shipped full (well packaged) and then carbonate it once it arrives in TX... That is, if you're staying in the same place week after week...

I'm sure you can figure SOMETHING out... I mean, come on, you're a home brewer after all... :rockin:

i'm staying at a crashpad with a bunch of guys now. The arrangements are ok. I am thinking about asking the guy that owns the house if I can bring my kegorator and brewing equipment. I'm sure he would let me. The only downside is that I work 12 hour days and that doesn't leave much time to brew. Also, SWMBO says that I can't take my toys to TX because I probably wouldn't go back to MO. Can't say I disagree with here logic. The inlaws are staying with us for a few months and I have 2 teenage daughters. Wish me luck.:mug:

Without knowing what the other guys are like, you could just see about reserving some space for a keg, and pick up another gas rig for that place... Picnic tap for the one keg, and you're set... You might need to lock the door of that fridge though. I'm sure there's used fridges, or small chest freezers on craigslist in the Dallas area.

You should brew up a cheap and easy batch with the guys and get THEM addicted to homebrew.

Then, simply reap the benefits.

Back