tap a draft cartridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to use food grade cartridges, if they are not there is a chance that the cartridge contains a lubricating oil as well as the CO2.

Some have been able to use 12g cartridges by sticking a coin in the housing but you usually won't get through the whole bottle with one. You're better off ordering food grade 16G cartridges.

I have been using a TAD Adapter I found bought on ebay for about 6 months now. It connects to a CO2 tank with a regulator. So I havent purchase any cartridges I just refill a paint ball tank for $2.50 every few months

I have been using a TAD Adapter I found bought on ebay for about 6 months now. It connects to a CO2 tank with a regulator. So I havent purchase any cartridges I just refill a paint ball tank for $2.50 every few months

Any chance you'd like to snap a few pics of the adapter? Is this something that could be DIY'd? Thanks!

Sure I will take a picture and post it. It uses standard quick connect fittings but it think the bushing that goes in the tap is modified.

Here is a picture of my system

IMG_20120303_203633.jpg

Back