Simple tutorial ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIC0

Reaction score
Yesterday I found a thread, thought it was a sticky, that had pics of making 1 gallon of mead and now I can't find it. It was a simple, step by step process with pics.

The OP even showed a pic of his blueberry mead that exploded in his closet.

I'm dying to find this thread again and can't. HELP

Check out the forums on the Got Mead site. Those forums have tons more mazes than you'll find here.

BTW, ignore any instructions that have you boil, or heat above 100-110F, the honey.

Thanks guys.

The thread I found had pics to go along with the instructions for a simple 1 gallon batch.

I'll do more searching. I plan on making a one gallon batch soon and would like to add blueberries.

Making mead is pretty simple. Mix honey and water to get OG desired. Rehydrate yeast and then pitch. Aerate/degas periodically until you hit the 1/3 break. Also add nutrient either when initially mixing or until 1/3 break. Then leave alone until done. Rack every few months (or so) until super clear and ready for bottles. Be sure to select a good yeast. IME, Lalvin strains work really well. You see more issue posts from people using 'mead' yeast strains. You'll get a ton of info from the got mead forums.

Back