What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to keep the phone off me but turned out to be a solid night. Apostasy interlude, Pettis aged pale, galactica, firestone dba, rusty chain Vienna lager and a RR blind pig to wrap it up

Skeeter Pee after watching Haunting in Conn. Part 2. Don't waste your time.....

ForumRunner_20130810_021152.jpg

Drinking some water before hitting the bed. My wife is making donuts in the morning and I have to actually be functioning enough to make coffee to go with them. LOL.

De struise browers black berry Albert. Imperial stout port aged with black berries.

Holy crap. This is unbelievable!!!

View attachment 140803

When I was looking over the list, that one jumped out. Sound amazing.

Tea here, off to 'work' for a few hours. Heading to Asheville after for what should be 4 or 5 BFM beers on tap and hopefully a few other good wild/sours. They've had a Petrus Aged Red on all week that isn't the nasty bottled version, but is aged pale with cherries, which is exactly what I wanted the nasty bottled version to be. So hopefully that's still on too. Then might check out a new brewery called Burial. Stupid name, but the beer is supposed to be pretty good. They use a lot of the local Riverbend Malt that I like. They also seem to really like old tools, so maybe I'll bring the scythe I havent' sold yet.:D

Probably. I wish I had brought up at least some allagash house beer before I made that decision. It's pbr, or crown royal maple for the rest of the night.

There's roughly a metric fook ton of aging beers down there, I'm too wasted to enjoy them but I've been throwing back vintages like they are candy tonight.

Meh, sometimes it's fun to keep drinking the good stuff past the point when you can fully appreciate it.

Rock on! That's a killer yeast.

Really? I thought onnly wine yeasts were killers. :D

No beer for me today. Too many beers and capping it off with Highland Park 18 wasn't a smart move on my part last night. I was bored after the lightning hit and we were in the dark. Meh.

Coffee right now and water the rest of the day. I hope Untappd is ready for H2O check-ins.

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee after getting up early to see the sunrise and watch some dolphins play...

Im so hungover ..im not loving all your positivity and productivity so early this morning. Had some oak Dfh IPA 3 beans a bomber of wookey jack which is amazing and some city steam blonde ale which is a cool brewpub in downtown hartford CT if i remember correctly.

Not lots of asspurns and water.

No beer for me today. Too many beers and capping it off with Highland Park 18 wasn't a smart move on my part last night. I was bored after the lightning hit and we were in the dark. Meh.

Coffee right now and water the rest of the day. I hope Untappd is ready for H2O check-ins.

Hows the 18? Ive had the 21 with about a couple years on it about a month ago or so and that thing was smooth as silk.

Remmy said:

Ill be sure to like that!!

Hows the 18? Ive had the 21 with about a couple years on it about a month ago or so and that thing was smooth as silk.

Highland Park 18 is one of my favorites. Smooth as **** and not too overpowering in flavor. For $100, it's great.

I usually drink Balvenie doublewood (12yr) and Macallan 12 as they are great and affordable.

Thanks nizzle. Your a great drinking buddy on here. Ill be lucky too. All my family so far lived in there 80s and 90s. Ill be lucky to live that long. I dont want to bring this thread down again but thank yall alot.

you aight bringing it down that's what friends are for.

Milk at the moment. Although the A/C broke overnight, one dog puked in the living room, the other wants to play while I'm trying to clean up, and my cell just decided to crap out (so I can't call anyone about fixing the A/C), so a beer is sounding really good right now. I can tell it's going to be one of those days. :mad:

Im so hungover ..im not loving all your positivity and productivity so early this morning. Had some oak Dfh IPA 3 beans a bomber of wookey jack which is amazing and some city steam blonde ale which is a cool brewpub in downtown hartford CT if i remember correctly.

Not lots of asspurns and water.

Sorry - I'll try to dial it down for you! ;)

Important task for today is to claim the beach bum badge on untappd!

Finishing coffee now...

our interwebs were out all day yesterday. I'm not reading through 44 pages of y'alls "Ramblings of a Drunkard". but last night I had my Rose Hip Saison, Haymaker IPA from Mankato, 2 of my Mosaic Rye IPA, and finished out with my Helles. right now, coffee. later, water & kombucha. then beer.

Recap from last night....Arrogant Bastard, Old Rasputin, and St Arnold Endeavor all on tap at The Chimes in Baton Rouge

Billy-Klubb said:
our interwebs were out all day yesterday. I'm not reading through 44 pages of y'alls "Ramblings of a Drunkard". but last night I had my Rose Hip Saison, Haymaker IPA from Mankato, 2 of my Mosaic Rye IPA, and finished out with my Helles. right now, coffee. later, water & kombucha. then beer.

You will read through it all and like it!! ;)

Recap from last night....Arrogant Bastard, Old Rasputin, and St Arnold Endeavor all on tap at The Chimes in Baton Rouge

You will read through it all and like it!! ;)

but Wes, cody just gave me a recap! besides, I can't read or write. I just like looking at all the pictures.:rockin:

Billy-Klubb said:
but Wes, cody just gave me a recap! besides, I can't read or write. I just like looking at all the pictures.:rockin:

Hehe! Okay here's my recap. I drank copious amounts of hard cider and Crown Maple, a Love Child 3, and some bourbon. Channel66 pooped out early, then NIZZLE passed out while cuddling a plush lion toy leaving me to drink alone, then Fuzzymitten came along and drank some skeeter pee. Then I drank water and went to bed. And here's some pretty pictures for you to look at. :D

image-3524797106.jpg

image-3394949997.jpg

image-4018319265.jpg

image-3645876299.jpg

Hehe! Okay here's my recap. I drank copious amounts of hard cider and Crown Maple, a Love Child 3, and some bourbon. Channel66 pooped out early, then NIZZLE passed out while cuddling a plush lion toy leaving me to drink alone, then Fuzzymitten came along and drank some skeeter pee. Then I drank water and went to bed. And here's some pretty pictures for you to look at. :D

See that's not how I remember it. I remember nuzzle and I hitting the crown royal maple early on, getting into my barrel aged stash, hitting more crown royal, then wes here decided he wanted to play, at this point with his time difference and his lateness to the party he was 2 hours behind. Drank some pbr, then finished up my bottle of crown maple, was nagged to bed by the wife. Nuzzle was nuzzling his lion plushtoy under the sprinklers when a copper told him it was bed time. And wes created a scenario in his head where he "won"

Edit: oh yah, pictures.

20130809_195848_zpsc048df94.jpg

20130809_144316_HDR_zps80b33c6a.jpg

IMG_20130807_220404_zps786c5674.jpg

20130806_193555_zpsf041b1f6.jpg

20130801_214108_zpsc40352bb.jpg

20130731_202518_HDR_Hagrid_Sophia_zps273eafd6.jpg

See that's not how I remember it. I remember nuzzle and I hitting the crown royal maple early on, getting into my barrel aged stash, hitting more crown royal, then wes here decided he wanted to play, at this point with his time difference and his lateness to the party he was 2 hours behind. Drank some pbr, then finished up my bottle of crown maple, was nagged to bed by the wife. Nuzzle was nuzzling his lion plushtoy under the sprinklers when a copper told him it was bed time. And wes created a scenario in his head where he "won"

20130809_195848_zpsc048df94.jpg

20130809_144316_HDR_zps80b33c6a.jpg

IMG_20130807_220404_zps786c5674.jpg

20130806_193555_zpsf041b1f6.jpg

20130801_214108_zpsc40352bb.jpg

20130731_202518_HDR_Hagrid_Sophia_zps273eafd6.jpg

haha im not sure how we decide who "won" here, id say if everyone was drinking good beer we all win :D

My first saison! I'm calling it D'Rye Saison. rye, spelt, MO and bohemian pils, hersbrucker hops and Danstar Belle Saison dry yeast.

Bottled 5 days ago but curiosity was killing me. Going to be awesome when it finishes carbing based on this bottle.

image-2059719145.jpg

Channel66 said:

Oh I won alright! :D

Last post of the night. CST
Channel66- 11:36
NIZZLE- 12:21
WesleyS- 1:36
finsfan- who the eff cares, he's a dolphins fan! ;)

Channel66 said:
I finished the night with Gatorade (pbr) not sure that keeps me in the running. But I can't let Wes win either, he owes me ketchup.

I'll give you credit for the fact that you did have to make the cellar off limits at one point.
But I take points away for allowing yourself to be nagged into going to bed. Lame. ;)

I'll give you credit for the fact that you did have to make the cellar off limits at one point.
But I take points away for allowing yourself to be nagged into going to bed. Lame. ;)

If you knew why I allowed that to happen maybe you'd give bonus points. :mug:

moral of the story is we gone did got fooooked up! I'm on the water now

Edit: oh and leave my lion plushtoy out of it :p

Water? I'm just getting started. Midnight maple wheat while I take inventory and refill my travelers going to slay some trout

20130810_110101_zpsa9d018dc.jpg

Water? I'm just getting started. Midnight maple wheat while I take inventory and refill my travelers going to slay some trout

Nice and Nice! Hope you catch a monster.

Channel66 said:

Nope! Taking away more points because that didn't happen for me last night! :p

Back