Looking for a good Pumpkin Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tasted my wort yesterday, gravity looks good and the worst smelled and tasted amazing. You'll have to wait about another 2 weeks for me to confirm.

Going to be brewing the Northern Brewer smashing pumpkin ale kit on Wednesday, i'll let you know how that goes.. :mug:

Going to be brewing the Northern Brewer smashing pumpkin ale kit on Wednesday, i'll let you know how that goes.. :mug:

I'll be doing that kit as well this weekend. Should be ready in time for Thanksgiving; hoping to surprise the folks with something new this year :D

I'll be doing that kit as well this weekend. Should be ready in time for Thanksgiving; hoping to surprise the folks with something new this year :D

Just brewed it up last night. It smelled wonderful. However there as always there were a few complications.. First when i was bringing the kettle to steeping temp, i ran out of propane :mad: so had to resort to a 1/2 boil on the stovetop.

But i also added in real pumpkin to the steeping process, 1 cup brown sugar when you add the 2nd amber malt, and an extra 1.5 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice 5-10 min before the end of the boil.

It's the first brew i decided to go against the recipe on, not even sure of that will have any impact, but here's to hoping it turns out good. :tank:

Now to rack the Lager this weekend so i can make the white house honey ale.

Back