What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the tastiest beers I've ever had! Straight up cocoa taste!

LOL crappy pour on my part

image-2841843097.jpg

Drinking a new brewery in the area calles cycler's. Cycler's - Break Away. A nice english IPA definitely going to try their other brews. Gotta love new brews and growlers in the area. got seven at the moment and probaby going to have more whem more pops up. ;) :ban:

My Classic American Pilsner. I'm calling it Grommet CAP. The first lager I've made (3rd try) that I really like! Sweet pils character with a firm hop bittering and a quick, dry finish! Don't really care much for commercial lagers.

Nice!

My first time with this.. Lagunitas is working their way up on my list of favorite breweries. Absolute malt bomb here but quite tasty.

View attachment 110241

I'm having my first WTF too - very malty but enough hop in the back to balance it out. Not a Sucks, but still a solid beer!

Bear Republic Red Rocket, awesome end to the NASCAR race!!

View attachment 110332

I thought you finished those the other night? Or did they re-stock?

Nice!

I'm having my first WTF too - very malty but enough hop in the back to balance it out. Not a Sucks, but still a solid beer!

I thought you finished those the other night? Or did they re-stock?

I was grabbing stuff outta the fridge to make dinner and that little guy thought he could hide :D

I picked up the Cragganmore a few years ago, and wasn't really impressed with it. Even the very tail runnings of my Oatmeal Stout (I grabbed a little bit after I had all I needed for my boil) add a bit of complexity. Hah.

Old Monkeyshine from Nimbus. 8.2% abv, really smooth malty and sweet. Plus I live about 10 minutes from the brewery.

Odd Side Ales Derilicte Pineapple IPA, I plan on taking a shot at cloning this very soon. The pineapple goes perfect with the hops, just not sure what hops to go with, any suggestions?

ForumRunner_20130324_203239.jpg

"Dirty" Honey Blonde

image-1744789383.jpg

Just take you're favorite honey blonde recipe, and caramelize the honey on the stove, add it at 5 min. It changes EVERYTHING.

And I mean "burn" it. This is 3# in a 5 gallon batch. If you burn the honey, you get a totally different flavor.
Gotta make more of this!

xtian116 said:
"Dirty" Honey Blonde

Just take you're favorite honey blonde recipe, and caramelize the honey on the stove, add it at 5 min. It changes EVERYTHING.

And I mean "burn" it. This is 3# in a 5 gallon batch. If you burn the honey, you get a totally different flavor.
Gotta make more of this!

Interesting. I've been gearing up to make a honey blonde. 3# is a lot. What's the ABV on that baby?

bottlebomber said:
Interesting. I've been gearing up to make a honey blonde. 3# is a lot. What's the ABV on that baby?

It's only 6.3%, caramelizing the honey changes some of the sugars so they're not fermentable . You end up with a "toffee" flavor, but not too sweet.

xtian116 said:
It's only 6.3%, caramelizing the honey changes some of the sugars so they're not fermentable . You end up with a "toffee" flavor, but not too sweet.

Sorry, it's 8.3%! Read the wrong bottle!

Latest posts

Back