Recipe help needed! I've got the following ingredients..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklehed

Reaction score
I've got 3 lbs amber extract, 1.5 lbs pilsen light, 1oz centennial and 1oz amarillo, I want to use those as I'm broke but wannt to get another batch going! If the results are going to be shotty at best I'll just wait a week.

I was thinking crystal 30, american ale yeast?

I am quite new to this I just started a couple weeks ago, any and all additions, modifications, suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated!

For a 5 gallon batch? If so, it will be a tad weak, alcohol wise, but should turn out ok. Add the crystal to give it a bit more body. The yeast is a good choice. If you like more bitter brews, use both hops. The centennial for bittering and split the amarillo for flavor/aroma.

For a 5 gallon batch? If so, it will be a tad weak, alcohol wise, but should turn out ok. Add the crystal to give it a bit more body. The yeast is a good choice. If you like more bitter brews, use both hops. The centennial for bittering and split the amarillo for flavor/aroma.

You could add some table or corn sugar to boost the OG if you want.

I agree with avidhomebrewer. if you want to add more Alc, add 2lb more pilsen Light. and you will have a little more body and a bit more alcohol. with both hops Centenial for bittering and amarillo for flavor/aroma
and crystal malt. for color and body.
sounds like a decent brew to me...

I just plugged this into BeerSmith and came up with this:
3 lbs Amber LME
1.5 lbs Pilsner LME
.50 oz Amarillo 60mins
.50 oz Centennial 45mins
.50 oz Centennial 5 min
.50 oz Amarillo 5 mins
(depending on qty, the Crystal 30 would add some color and flavor)

For a 4 gallon batch should give you:
1.040 OG
7.6 SRM (depending on Crystal additions)
40.4 IBU's
The yeast should leave you at about 1.005 FG
The late hop additions should give you some flavor too:mug:

Just an idea of course and good luck!

Back