Recommend a Mini-Fridge/Wine Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tozebeach

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could recommend a Mini-Fridge or Wine Chiller for Fermentation temperature control. I find that a lot of the Mini-Fridges have the freezer chambers on top and the compressor bumps on the bottom and are not adequate. Has anyone ever tried a Wine Chiller before? It seems like it may work pretty well. My fermentation buckets are 2 ft tall 1 ft diameter. Trying to stay as low noise and low space as possible. Thanks for the help!

Here's mine. It's a Haier 30 bottle wine fridge. It has an adjustable thermostat from 45F to 65F. Perfect for lager fermentation or ale. Only downside is that it doesn't go cold enough to lager beer. I use my beer fridge for that. I made a shelf to slip into the rack slots just above the compressor hump, so it fits either a 6.5 gal bucket or 6.5 gal carboy.
chamberrs.jpg

I JUST hooked up a Sanyo 4310W model Mini Fridge for a fermentation fridge. It just barely fits a 6-gallon carboy or an ale pail. Its 34" tall x 19" wide x 21" deep.

Back