The Obsession Has Taken Hold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unkle Danky

Reaction score
So the guys at work were making fun of me for taking pictures of the fermenting first batch of beer and bringing them in, even though they already invited themselves over to drink it. So I started joking that its like having a baby in the house that I talk to and wrap in blankets. I told them I had a baby monitor in the closet with it so I could hear it while I slept and to make sure its ok. And for a second, a very brief second, I thought to myself "Thats not a bad idea!"

My wife is going to be thrilled to see our laundry room turned into a brewery when she gets here.

Haha, never thought of it that way before. Just wait until your "baby" obsession grows up and starts asking for more money. That is when the obsession starts to become a problem

Well it all started when a guy at work let me borrow a couple carboys and a siphon in return for some HB. That was 6 days ago. Now I have my Hefe in the primary, another extract kit on the way, a 7gal bucket for the new primary, and about 100 bottles of Sam Adams that I have been collecting and manually emptying-- with help of course. Still not a problem in my mind, and my wife is encouraging this behavior. She doesnt know that all thats in the laundry room is brewing equipment though. Now there isnt room for the washer and dryer.

Haha, never thought of it that way before. Just wait until your "baby" obsession grows up and starts asking for more money. That is when the obsession starts to become a problem
Your obsession is my accident/ portion :mad:

i kid I kid :tank: get it kid :drunk:

Well as far as money goes I think this is way cheaper, once you get the equipment, than buying beer- good beer- or going to bars. I would rather have house parties than go to bars and now I wont have to buy beer. Especially since I live in Mississippi now and all the rednecks think Bud Light is a magically delicious brew. Nothing against rednecks- just something against Bud

Back