Magnu/Cascades/Amarillo hop schedule and storage advice please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calbruc

Reaction score
HI. I brewed a Magnum/Cascades LME pale ale several months ago and had good results. I mentioned this to a friend, who’s a home brew enthusiast, and he encouraged me to try another batch, he even offered to gift me the hops I would need for my brew (he really is a good friend). I was initially going to brew the same magnum/cascades recipe as I brewed before BUT my friend also gave me a packet of Amarillo hops. :rockin:

Could anybody recommend a good hop schedule that incorporates Magnum, Cascades and Amarillo hops (for a 5 gallon brew centring around 8lbs LME(2 cans), 1lb steeped crystal malt and Safale US-05 yeast)??

Also, I would appreciate any advice on storing leftover hops from this brew or future brewing endeavours.
My gut reaction to storing hops would be to seal them in a freezer bag, with as much air expelled as possible, before storing them in the freezer. Is this the best way without having to buy expensive vacuum packing machines etc? How long can hops last in storage using a method like this?

Finally, although I’m not planning on dry-hopping this time round, would it be appropriate to use hops stored in the freezer for dry-hopping?
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back