What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbaumannerb said:
My first Boulevard. Nice roasted malt character. Good already but I think it will open up as I let it warm up some. Thanks Gabe!

I really like that one and definitely better in the warm side. Came out looking for Cantillon and missed it, but oxbow Loretta is very nice. Club night next.

image-1981067110.jpg

Rivenin said:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

keep an eye out for this one sometime
Bellegems Bruin - Brouwerij Bockor N.V.

it's ****ing fantastic

I will keep an eye out, that label looks familiar. The only thing that sucks about my new found adoration for saisons and sours is the 7lbs of hard to get "c" hops in the freezer.

I will keep an eye out, that label looks familiar. The only thing that sucks about my new found adoration for saisons and sours is the 7lbs of hard to get "c" hops in the freezer.

I'll take them!

Calling it quits on the old mans bbq pit for tonight, tired of welding.

Stepping it up to my dad's Belgian quad. Still a bit green but this is going to knock socks off.

At least payment for helping him build the pit is all I can drink beer.

Channel66 said:
Trade for it because it's worth it

Haha! I was kind of hoping Allen would say he'd trade with me to get some! Actually, I might be able to find it in Pittsburgh. I'll have to look on my next trip dahn there.

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed. Very good beer, tasty hop profile with fruit flavors I haven't really had in an IPA before.

freshsqueezed.jpg

Awesome, mrgstiffler, I picked this beer up a few days ago at Whole Foods and was equally impressed by it. I love Deschutes experimental beers! The only other beer I have had this year that blew my mind was Stone's "Enjoy By 05.17.13", that beer was KILLA!

Channel66 said:
I haven't had that one yet, how is it?

It's my second favorite summer behind Wachusetts. Yeah I know Wawa puts out bland beers but their summer is perfect for a day out on the water striper fishing

And on to a new one (at least new to me)...

image-2253808628.jpg

A little thin/ watery, but a nice alternative for a summer seasonal.

Cooper's Hob Gobbler knockoff I did. Replaced the un-hopped LME and DME by partial mashing grain. Also reduced the dry hop amounts and added hop additions to the boil of the partial mash wort. At 5 weeks in the bottle it tastes better than it did at three weeks.

tyzippers said:
Haha! I was kind of hoping Allen would say he'd trade with me to get some! Actually, I might be able to find it in Pittsburgh. I'll have to look on my next trip dahn there.

If you get DuPont there, they should be able to get the dry hopped version. My local bottle shop got a couple of cases, I thought DuPont was a pretty standard beer.

It was old and needed drank so decided to have it with home made buffalo BBQ wings so the faint hops didn't really matter after the first wing lol

image-2288191739.jpg

image-3324898220.jpg

Ty- ninkasi is great tricerahops and believer double red are killer pm me sometime when u wanna try some.

On to a rusty nail.

ForumRunner_20130628_202332.jpg

dcHokie said:
I recently had a cellared Bam, it got really sour...how is that one?

It is quite sour. Shelton Bros stopped distributing to us a while back and this was left behind then spent a year in my cellar. I never bothered looking at the date until tonight lol. I saw some JP stuff still sitting on the shelf the other day. Ill probably buy quite a bit tomorrow if it is still there.

image-908816769.jpg

Last beer of the night, work comes early tomorrow.

image-1081146856.jpg

Plus, my buddy welded this up for me, a little 2 tier. Got to get this figured out to brew on Sunday.

"Every Christmas, my mom would get a fresh goose, for gooseburgers; and my dad would whip up his special eggnog, out of Bourbon and ice cubes." - Philip J. Fry

I'm following in Fry's family tradition.

Back