Fermenting N/A

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vid

Reaction score
Does anyone remember reading a story a few years back about a homebrewer/soldier stationed in Iraq or Kuwait that added yeast and sugar to n/a beer and fermented it? I have a buddy who is in similar dire straits and is interested in at least looking at the details but I cannot find anything even remotely close on the web. I think it may have been around Desert Storm but cant be sure. Any help, anybody?

Access to non-alcoholic beer is better then no beer I guess! Seems as if it would be easier to make a better tasting product out of fruit beverages instead of N/A beer. They might be a little bit more available too. Apple juice, grape juice, etc. Just add yeast and viola!

As for the actual story I'm not sure. It's a pretty fundamental way to make booze. Seems like there are tons of stories out their like that. Inmates, backpackers, homebrewers :)

Don't recall the story, but 1.5 oz of sugar per 12 oz bottle of NA will give you ~4.5% ABV.

Latest posts

Back