A little sumpin extra and a lot of sumpin wet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakerStreetBeers

Reaction score
It was rough day at work. I'm leaving on Saturday for a week-long vacation and of course the pile of crap to get done before I go fails to shrink as the end of the week approaches.

And good news/bad news, the fresh hops I ordered from my LHBS did not arrive in time for me to brew last weekend like I thought they would. They came in yesterday. So, after a 2 p.m. meeting I cut out and headed there to pick up my humulone beauties. It was crowded and hot on the freeway. An hour there and an hour home in my truck with no AC and a non-functioning driver's side window. But.
But.
But.
I was going to brew my wet hop IPA. A must do before I leave for a week and tonight seemed like my best shot before heading to the airport on Saturday.

Before heading home I hit the grocery store to mitigate my TP outtage and oh my god, they have a single 22oz of the new Lagunitas release. Earlier this year they were distributing six packs of a beer called A Little Sumpin Sumpin, a tasty Amarillo-laden (i'm pretty sure that's the hop in there) pale clear bottle of tastiness with a 7+ ABV. I'd heard they were releasing a follow up in bombers but hadn't seen it yet. I snatched it up, giggling on my way to the register.

Brew session went ok. Finished in the dark and about 10 points light of my target O.G. The Little Sumpin Extra was excellent.

Here's a couple pics.
DSCF1736.JPG

DSCF1738.JPG

I reserved a full 2 oz each of wet chinook and cascade in my freezer for dry hopping!

Wow Wish I could get fresh, wet hops around here. My bines had no production what so ever this year (I think it was way to wet). Last year I only got .5oz but was happy to see anything on my first year. Your a lucky bastardo!!!

Back