dry hopping in bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myersn024

Reaction score
I've got about a half an ounce of Cascade pellets that I don't have anything to do with and I was wondering if I could put them in the bottling bucket with the priming solution and the wort and then bottle it all up. I've already dry hopped this beer (AHB's SNPA clone) with the other half of the ounce of Cascade. Would it make for some nasty beer or what? Should I just add the hops to the secondary for a second dry hopping before bottling?

Leaving hops in the beer for too long makes for a grassy taste. Put them in the cleaning tank.

I would put them in the secondary, and let them sett out/filter out when you transfer, so that you don't have to worry about any making their way through the BBucket spigot.

I'm planning on bottling on Thursday. If I put them in now would that be too late. I definitely don't want a grassy taste. Like I said before this beer has already been dry hopped once. I put them in after transferring to secondary about 2 weeks ago.

That's kind of what I thought. I'm glad I asked before adding hops to the bottling bucket.

Back