Time Stamp; What The Hell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostyone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wondering what the hell the deal is with the time stamp for awhile now, and I've finally decided to find out the same way when I want to know anything when I'm drunk and lazy....ASK! Why are my posts like 5 hours ahead of EDST? Maybe I'm the jerk and I did something wrong. If so, somebody please tell me. Does HBT use servers in Western Europe or something? Maybe an island in the East Atlantic somewhere? I'm looking forward to an answer.

Found it. Go to "My Profile" in the top right. Then "My Account" in the top center. Then select 'Edit Options' on the left side. Scroll about half way down the page and there are time settings.

I've been wondering what the hell the deal is with the time stamp for awhile now, and I've finally decided to find out the same way when I want to know anything when I'm drunk and lazy....ASK! Why are my posts like 5 hours ahead of EDST? Maybe I'm the jerk and I did something wrong. If so, somebody please tell me. Does HBT use servers in Western Europe or something? Maybe an island in the East Atlantic somewhere? I'm looking forward to an answer.

You the issue isn't with HBT, but with your time reference. The world (eg, time zones) revolve around HBT, therefore you should set your clock to HBT time. This way your work/sleep/eat/etc schedules are always in sync with the RIGHT time.

Didn't you get the PM from the mods??

Many things to ponder: time warps, time machines, HBT being the center of the world(s), space time continuum, whether being drunk at 4:39 pm is a necessity or not, changing settings *Quaff*...like that is the problem...Does anyone have an easy button?

sometimes updates to teh forums software will reset these (or other) settings.

like the update a month or so back that enabled auto-subscription to every thread I replied to.

Back