building my mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ok today shoulda been great going out and getting everything for my mash tun but . . . I got all the stuff for the manifold and will pull my hair out about the bulkhead fitting tomarrow.

ANYWAY, I'm sittinghere looking at my cooler, and the inside measurments are 19" X 11.5" and 11.5" deep. How far from the sides of the cooler should my tubes be? I thought I read somewhere that the tubes should be one half of the distance from each other to the sides.

So if I figure this right and I am using a rectangle with only 2 long tubes and 2 short I'm looking at the long tubes being 3 inches from the side and 6 inches between then and the short tubes being about 5 inches from the sides and 10 inches apart? Roughly, I'm not gonna worry about a fraction of an inch.

You think I should maybe go with 3 long tubes? I dont think I could fit 4 in. My T joints are 1.75" long so it would put me .5" inches from the sides if I did 4.

Back