Og into boiler wrong in Beersmith, OG ends up right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
I've been getting way too low of an "OG into boiler" recently with my beers, but when I'm done, it comes out to be the right OG into fermenter. What setting do I change for this to be right?

Are you cooling the sample before measuring? If not, those gravity/temp conversions can be a good ways off.

Then I would say adjust the boil-off volume of your equipment to match what you get for the hour's boil. There is an option to set a specific volume instead of a percentage of the total wort, which doesn't make any sense anyway. That should help dial in the pre-boil OG estimates.

PoppinCaps said:
Then I would say adjust the boil-off volume of your equipment to match what you get for the hour's boil. There is an option to set a specific volume instead of a percentage of the total wort, which doesn't make any sense anyway. That should help dial in the pre-boil OG estimates.

+1 on this

Back