5 Tap Tower Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman80403

Reaction score
I bought a 5 tap beer tower off eBay a while back which didn't come with a lid. I made a pretty decent lid by bending and cutting a sheet of metal made for signs from Home Depot, but it has since rusted severely and isn't shiny like the rest of the tower :(. I haven't been able to find a retailer that sells just the lid for beer towers. Does anyone know of such a retailer?

Also, the front face of the tower that holds all the taps is only connected by two small screws on the bottom and hangs forward without the lid. I'd like to drill through the stainless steel on the top to attach it with a couple nuts and bolts, but have been unsuccessful with hardened metal bits (that claim to drill through metal) and skinny diamond Dremel bits. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!
- Erik

Drill with high pressure and low speed, with a fresh bit. Unless you know who the manufacturer is you will probably need to have someone fab the lid for you. Or use aluminum, but it might not match perfectly.

Any metal shop should be able to fab up a lid for you. All they need is a decent sized "break" to bend the lips of the lid. You should be able to get sheet stock through them or order it from McMaster-Carr.

They would also be able to drill your hols for you, most likely with a proper drill press and drilling lubricant.

Back