New to Brewing, Question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern Brewer has some nice starter kits, but I think they come with plastic fermenters. I'd upgrade to a glass carboy asap.

Is there a homebrew supply shop (HBS) in your area? If so, I'd go by there and see what they have in stock and can recommend. Make sure you get everything you need to do a pilot batch without having to make another trip.

I still use the plastic bucket that came with my kit as a primary fermenter and bottling bucket and have never had an issue with it. In some ways, having the tap is bonus in my mind as you don't have to affect a siphon to rack/bottle the beer. I would definitely go with glass for a secondary since the beer may potentially spend several weeks or even months in it.

I have a True Brew kit. It was given to me last Christmas. Having used it for over a year with tremendous success, I would not hesitate to recommend it. It is simple enough for anyone to master but the product has been outstanding.

Back