pecans ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYaAt

Reaction score
has anyone eva' fooled around with pecans or any other nuts in a homebrew? if so, how? when do you add, how do you add, boil, fermenter??? thanks

hey thanks! that beer is why i thought about it. my dad actually lives like 5 mins from the man and wife of lazy magnolia. yeah bra, my pops bought some from him about 2 years back and since then i wanted to do something with pecan or almonds.

Abita Harvest has pecans in it. Has some biscuit in it (kind of Fat Tire tasting at first) but has a really plesant pecan finish you can taste in the back of your throat. Compliments the biscuit well. Subtle, but keeps the flavor going and in my opinion, is pretty well done. Try one of these for sure!! :mug:

yeah i'm from new orleans and we got ABITA all over the place ya know! i stay in bay st louis some days an near there they have a brewery called lazy magnolia. they do a southern pecan that is far superior to the abita harvest. i would love for you to try it !

Back