Just added wort to primary and wondering about pitching the yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoBrewMeister

Reaction score
I just added the wart to my primary and filled with water. Water was bottled and at room temperature, and the wort was at about 100F when I added it to the primary. I'm waiting now to pitch the yeast and want to wait until it's at 70F or so, but, I have to leave my house and will be gone for about 2.5 hours.

Should I pitch the yeast while the wort is too warm, or, wait until I get home to pitch the yeast?

Don't pitch too warm! Next time, put it in a water/ice bath in the sink and cool it to 70 degrees before putting into the fermenter. Can you do that now? Stick the fermenter in the sink in an ice bath/water bath while you're gone, so you get the wort to the mid 60s?

Im confident it would get to about 70F by the time I get home tonight. It's okay to leave it for a few hours before pitching the yeast? I guess that is my question.

Latest posts

Back