• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Counterflow wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevink

Reaction score
I have a counterflow wort chiller for sale. The design is supposed to cool boiling wort to yeast pitching temperatures as you siphon from your boil kettle to your fermentation vessel. I tested it with 200 degree water and it cooled it to 55 degrees. That performance was seen with the cooling water coming off of my kitchen sink faucet through a small diameter hose (~1/2" I.D.). I expect better results with a garden hose or simply a bigger tube coming off of the kitchen sink. I did not throttle back the flow rate of the hot water going through the chiller, so better performance may be seen if you do that (depending on your tap water temperature, of course).

Specs:
25' long
3/8" outside diameter inner copper tube
5/8" inside diameter high temp. outer rubber hose (Swan SNCHW58050)
Brand new, never used. Only tested with water to verify that it's leak free.
$65.00 plus shipping.

Pictures can be found in the craigslist ad. If you would like to see better pictures, email me at crystalhaze AT hotmail DOT com

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/2302922095.html

Back