How do you keep up with forums?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickngrin

Reaction score
To those of you who manage to keep up with either HBT or any other forum on a regular basis, and even know other folks on the board... how do you manage to keep up, particularly when there are so many sub-forums? I find that it's pretty intermittent with me, and even then, there are so many sub-forums and threads that it's hard for me to focus. And that's just this 1 site. There's a guitar forum that I like but that's sort of fallen by the wayside for me.
Of course, I subscribe to threads, but that just accounts for a very narrow slice of the forum.

I just look at new posts 95% of the time. The other 5% is checking the small number of specific sub-forums I'm most interested in. An example, on the RV forum, I check Class B because that's what I drive. I never subscribe to threads.

The "New Posts" button is how I keep up, though I start the day by looking at the "my replies" thingy near where it says "welcome crazytwoknobs".

Yep, first is "My Replies", then "New Posts". If I still have time, I run through my favorite sub-forums (DIY, Equipment, General..)

Yep, first is "My Replies", then "New Posts". If I still have time, I run through my favorite sub-forums (DIY, Equipment, General..)

Could not agree more. This is my approach too.

BTW, to OP, nice avatar, Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

+1 on the My Replies, but after that I usually just cruise my favorite sub-forums... some I just dont care to read...

The other forum I read's main page is a "New Post" Page, thats how I keep up there...

I just use the "My Posts" button. I then look at my own posts to see if they are still as beautiful and all about me as they were when I posted them.

I then glance briefly at other people's posts. If they are not talking about me, and how wonderful i am, then I ignore them and make another post in that thread about myself, and how great I am. I then go on to look at other peoples posts and ignore them.

Wanna see a great link? Look at this one! Its all about me, but it could be improved on if it included my website.

Some people on here think I am just an attention seeking whore.......I say they are misinformed and just need to read more of my posts.

I look at the new posts. I follow forums on HB, motorcycles, guns/self defense, my IPhone and some misc topics. If I had to read all of them, I would never get anything brewed.

I click "My Replies" if I don't have a lot of time, or "New Posts" if I do.

I check the my replies/my topics, then New Posts. I am not as active here as I'd like to be. I run a cigar/beer forum which gets most of my attention.

Thanks for your input, guys. Odd that it had never occurred to me to try the "new posts" feature. I suppose that is in part because I tend to do a lot of searching. Funny, just this second I noticed a thread titled "Do we really need 31 forums?" at the bottom of my screen...

Back