Sharing/Transporting Samples

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CycleBeeks

Reaction score
My husband, the zymurgist of the family, kegs his creations, so sharing or gifting a bottle of homebrew can be complicated. We've settled for capping off a plastic liter bottle with a CO2 pressure cap, but that's rather goofy, in my opinion - and not a good solution for a gifting situation.

Any products/suggestions out there for a way to transport/share?

Thanks,
CycleBeeks

Well, you can invest in a counterpressure bottle filler or a beergun. They aren't cheap, but lots of folks have them and they seem to work well.

If you KNEW that you wanted some bottles out of a particular batch, nothing says you couldn't bottle a couple with some of the carb drops before filling the keg (if you had room in the fermenters, maybe even scale up the recipe to six gallons). That's my plan, once I get the kegging system all setup.

Consensus seems to be that Counter pressure filler is better but more complicated to operate. Beer Gun is easier to use but may have difficulty in retaining carbonation. Very few if any of us have used both, so a head-to-head comparison is hard to come by.

As bird suggests, you can use carb drops or split off a batch. As a compromise that favors the zymurgist (what did you expect?) maybe you can look into 10 gallon batches with half of it devoted to bottling?

Just get some growlers, or use 2 liter plastic soda bottles and you can get one of those adapters for adding the CO2...

Latest posts

Back