Weekend Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie3

Reaction score
So my wife and son were out with my mother on Saturday driving around garage sale hunting. They stopped at a house of a widow. My wife said there was really nothing of interest just that they stopped because estate sales usually contain good finds.

This one however had nothing. As they were leaving my mother noticed a 22oz beer bottle underneath the collections table. Knowing that I brew she asked the woman if it was for sale. Low and behold, the woman said sure and...

here are 4 more cases of 22oz bottles, a bottle tree, a bottle tree bottle sanitizer, a bench capper, brand new bottle caps, and some tubing.

My mother asked how much and the woman said $2.00. Needless to say I now have 30 22oz bottles, and all the other amenities that come with it for $2.00.

:rockin:
I still can't beleive how much I saved from this score!!!

- WW

Good score...

What I wanna know is, who would ask to buy a single empty 22? To most people, it's recycling bin fodder. So, if that's all she had had, would you have paid her for a single empty bottle? What would've been your final offer ;)

Evan! said:
Good score...

What I wanna know is, who would ask to buy a single empty 22? To most people, it's recycling bin fodder. So, if that's all she had had, would you have paid her for a single empty bottle? What would've been your final offer ;)

I was not there. I guess it just caught my mother's eye. The bottle had a home made lable on it which tipped her off to ask about it. Other than that I would have walked right on by thinking that it was garbage.

The saying is true.. A man's garbage is another man's treasure.

;)

-WW

Back