Sadness.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klars

Reaction score
...defined as emptying the last of a keg of your best brew to date. The sputtering, the sound of air....how depressing.

RIP - Slow Elk Clone Nov 15, 2011 - Dec 15, 2011. You will be sorely missed (until brewed again)

Only lasted a week....:(

No Big Sky products up here...

However I had the pleasure of stopping by the brewery on my camping trip this year.

My wife actually likes an oatmeal stout now...go figure. She was a Kokanee girl when I met her.

I was almost afraid to click and read this. Sure glad my first thougts were wrong so brew more beer, a lot of beer!

Nov 15-Dec 15 is a week? You must have a superduper secret recipe for that homebrew. . . :)

Nov 15th was the birth of my clone, Dec 15th was its unfortnuate demise.

OG 1.055
FG 1.016
IBU 20
SRM 46
ABV 5.1
5g batch

.75lbs two row
1.5lbs Crystal 80
4oz blank patent
6oz chocolate
6oz flaked oats
1lb light dme
4lb light lme (late add)
1.3oz EKG (60mins)
SA04

All grain - replace malt extract with 9.25lbs pale malt. Mash all for 60mins at 155f, then boil is set for 90mins.

Steep grains for 30mins at 150-155f. I followed Yooper's advice and went to 45mins.

That is how it reads in the recipe I received. However I dont tend to use LME, so I subbed for DME.

Back