Music trivia question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Who originally wrote and recorded "Ballroom Blitz". The wife and I just watched Wayne's World and neither of us can remember. I tried looking it up, but it's been remade so many times that I can out of leads.

That has got to be the most horrendous song ever. I don't know what it is, but I cringe every time I hear it.

sudsmonkey said:
Come on , man ! Don't go screwing with Cheap Trick !:mad:
Yeah! Cheap Trick rules! And they influenced so many other groups. I like Kurt Cobain's quote that he felt Nirvana sounded "just like Cheap Trick, only the guitars are louder". And Ballroom Blitz is a classic! I bought the single when I was a teen!

If we're gonna pick on a band, then let's pick on bands that really lack any sign of talent - like Coldplay, Maroon 5 or Good Charlotte! And enough Dave Matthews already!

hell yeah Cheap Trick Rock!!! ive seen them 3 times...once at Great Adventure in jersey, once at a high school gymnasium in jersey...I cant remember where the third time was...hmmm

p.s. live at buddakon!!!

Bjorn Borg said:
hell yeah Cheap Trick Rock!!! ive seen them 3 times...once at Great Adventure in jersey, once at a high school gymnasium in jersey...I cant remember where the third time was...hmmm

p.s. live at buddakon!!!

I've seen them twice. Once at the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis and once at a small club in Chicago. Just great.

They rock, I've seen them numerous times... Starting at the old Arena/Checkerdome in St. Louis... then the venues got smaller and smaller... Lastly, and by God I swear it's true... under the beer tent at the Macon County Fair about 10 years ago or so... :rockin: A good friend of mine saw them at some club in Chicago a few years back, the entire show was the album "In Color" played in order, track by track... he said it ruled! Bummed that I missed it...

Ize

Ize said:
... A good friend of mine saw them at some club in Chicago a few years back, the entire show was the album "In Color" played in order, track by track... he said it ruled! Bummed that I missed it...
Yep, that was done over four nights at Metro in Chicago. They taped the show and it's on the CD and DVD Music For Hangovers. I have both and play the DVD often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost forgot another bit of Cheap Trick and beer trivia - Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen is co-owner of Piece Brewery and Pizza! The place can get too crowded on weekend nights, but they have some great beers there.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Reading this thread about a band that sucks :)cross:) has reminded me of this joke:

What has seven arms and sucks?

Def Leppard! :D

Flame on!

A guy I knew in college walked into a music store and picked up a pair of Rick Allen signature drumsticks. He asked the salesman "Do these come in pairs or do you have to buy them individually?":D

Latest posts

Back