Neighborhood Homebrew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Another successful neighborhood Homebrew Fest in Austin. This was the six annual fest with 5 Homebrews, 1 Apfelwein, a corny of Craft brew from Uncle Billy's Brew & Que.

The tap setup worked out pretty well. I took my friends idea of just using a cooler to hold faucets and fine tuned it a bit.

BCWBrewfest1.jpg

Mine is the newer looking one. I insulated the lines to the kegs.

BCWBrewfest2.jpg

The blue party cooler kept ice all night long. My Kölsch was the first keg to blow, followed by my friends brew with is my Haus Ale recipe.

It is always disappointing when the keg blows, but is nice to see which floats first since people seem to be enjoy that one the most.

FloatingKeg.jpg

Over two hundred people and we floated all the keg last night. It was good practice for my neighborhood's first annual Oktoberfest coming up. :D

Looks like a great time! Although with that much homebrew, how could it not be? :)

Any pics of the food?

DaveyBoy said:
Looks like a great time! Although with that much homebrew, how could it not be? :)

Any pics of the food?

Thanks! It was a hit. Sorry, no pics of the food. I was in charge of the beer station, but the food was great. One neighbor has a monstor trailer pit and did chicken, brisket, sausage, beans, coleslaw, & tater salad. Good stuff!

Wow that sounds like fun.. i wish the people in my neighborhood did more on their weekends that just worked on their broken down cars..

Latest posts

Back