My Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhausen83

Reaction score
I bought a new fridge for the kitchen and instead of getting rid of the old one I re purposed it as a full time beer fridge for my man cave. The build itself was very straightforward, the hardest part was reassembling the door after I took it all apart to drill the holes. I still have useable shelves on the door, plus i left the drawers in the bottom to hold yeast and hops.

3642-fridge.jpg

Only two kegs hooked up right now, have to keg two more this weekend.
3643-kegs.jpg

Perlicks are amazing! I started with crappy generic faucets that gummed up every day and were unuseable
3644-perlicks.jpg

The only thing left is to find a nice drip tray I can mount to the front. I currently have a mat sitting on the floor. I was also considering painting the top portion in chalkboard paint and maybe some custom tap handles. :mug:

Thanks, I would highly recommended them to anyone considering a similar setup. The generic faucets are a waste of time and money. Save up and do it right the first time

Looks good! I'm doing the same thing soon. Already bought the fiance a new fridge, moved the old one to the bar I'm building in the basement and gutted the shelves and made a new delrin floor for it. I'm only planning 2 Perlicks for now, but it looks like I could fit at least 4 kegs in there, but I plan on laggering and Oktoberfest in a few weeks.

I have the exact same fridge. I just hooked up a temp controller to use for fermentation though. Nice looking kegorator! Do you jar more detail on the shelf?

image-1868746490.jpg

More Details:

This is the shanks coming through the door, i bought shanks with tailpieces attached:
3655-shanks.jpg

I replaced the existing insulation with foam sheets
3656-shanks2.jpg

and removed the top drawers with a dremel
3657-shanks3.jpg

3659-shelf2.jpg

3660-door.jpg

The shelf, I bought a piece of 1/2" MDF and placed it upon the existing shelf. I left the bind underneath for hops and yeast storage. It works perfect with two kegs, I should have the other 2 filled tomorrow
3658-shelf.jpg

Back