3days at 30psi in the fridge???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWeezie

Reaction score
If i am in a time crunch and have it at 3days at 30psi in the fridge. Do I still purge the co2 after those three days then set it back to 12psi?
Tring to figure out why im gettin so much foam.
Thanks...

So if its ever very foamy the solution is just to purge all the co2 out then just set it too seving psi?

So if its ever very foamy the solution is just to purge all the co2 out then just set it too seving psi?
All that will do is purge the head space. You have to disconnect the gas and purge a few times a day until the CO2 in solution reaches serving volumes.

AnOldUR said:
All that will do is purge the head space. You have to disconnect the gas and purge a few times a day until the CO2 in solution reaches serving volumes.

Yes. sorry that's what I meant. Disconnect the gas line then purge. Purging while connected would not make any sense.

I think 3 days @ 30 psi is going to likely overcarb it alright (assuming it's cold the whole time). I get mine where I like it in about half that time. If it is overcarbed, turn off the gas and purge the headspace. Then CO2 will come out of solution and equalize at some point less than it was before. This may take a few hours. If it's still too high, repeat. Once it's at a level you like, turn the gas back on at serving pressure and enjoy.

Foam problems can also be due to short lines, dirty tap, not opening tap completely, etc., but I'm pretty sure you're overcarbed.

KCBigDog said:
My 5 pound tank is half empty in 3 days. Something is wrong!

Get some soapy water and spray all connects. You've definitely got one or more leaks.

unless you are weighing your co2 tank its pretty hard to tell if your tank is "half empty" the high pressure guage really doesn't tell you much until it's actually empty...

unless you are weighing your co2 tank its pretty hard to tell if your tank is "half empty" the high pressure guage really doesn't tell you much until it's actually empty...

Good to know. I'll use soapy water to check it this weekend. Right now, it's off.

rosier9 said:

So weight and pressure are not correlated.

Latest posts

Back