Flat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziewaldo

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Have a batch of beer that has a few that are ready to blow and the rest are flat. My idea is that I did not get my sugar mixed in well enough for bottle conditioning. Or my caper is not working properly. The other alternative is that my conditions during bottle conditioning we vastly different. I don't see that being the case. Any one else have any thoughts?

I would think if it really concerns you, you could pop them all open.. and the ones that are flat throw a spoon of sugar or some condition tabs in them and recap. The other ones that are good drink.

How long has it been? Sometimes it takes up to a month to carb up, or with dark beers even longer. You may have gotten a lot into those first bottles - hence the quick carb.

Also, how much sugar, batch size, beer style, etc.?

It is a five gallon batch of ESB. Added 3/4 cup corn sugar and has been bottle conditioning for ten days at about 70 degrees

Latest posts

Back