Sanyo Temp Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjj2ba

Look under the recliner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an Sanyo mini fridge that is having temperature problems. :( Even on it's warmest setting, it is getting cold enough to freeze. Is there anybody out there who has had a similar problem and know of a fix? I'm assuming a bad sensor. Can this be replaced? I haven't had a chance yet to start taking it apart to find the sensor and was hoping someone could help direct my repair efforts.

Sounds like a faulty thermostat. If you are willing to relace it, do a search and find their customer service number and give them a call, there is a fair chance they will be more than happy to send a new one free of charge. Most of the time the t-stats only requires removal of a few screws to remove a cover to gain access, the wires are attached with spade connectors that come right off and are just as easily put back on. Even with such a simple fix, mini fridges are cheaply made, considered non servicable and the manufacture's protocol is just to have faulty units destroyed.

If the customer service call does not work, take it back to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement. If they are a good business, should be more than happy to do this, the manufacture issues automatic credit to them on any faulty units. Goes back to what I said earlier. If your model has been out of production for sometime, it would be a reasonable assumption you got the usefulness out of the unit and grounds to decline an exchange. Regardless, it is still worth a try.

Yeah, I don't use a controller, and mine is holding around 40 F.

The controller is a cheap way to go, especially if you lose your beer distribution unit for any lengh of time (dragging somewhere and getting fixed).

If you could get fixed for $ 50-60, you'd be very lucky (dats what I tink)

Also, the temp controller can be moved to the new chest freezer that you will ultimately buy to replace and upgrade to when your current fridge does finally crap out on you.
:drunk:

Luckily it is not my beer fridge. We have been using it lately for wine and soft drinks. My wife had it at work for a while and we brought it home a year ago or so. I'll take a look at it tonight and probably do a little disassembly to find the themostat. I like to take things apart. :) I think then I'll give a call to the service dept. about a replacement.

Back