Fat tire cans?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not most people...but beer geeks like us? Yeah, most of us would....

Yeah, good point. It isn't like there are bottles of La Folie on every shelf out here either. Our bars are regularly stocked with that and Eric's on tap though, so I won't complain.

Yeah, good point. It isn't like there are bottles of La Folie on every shelf out here either. Our bars are regularly stocked with that and Eric's on tap though, so I won't complain.

It just occurred to me that MOST people aren't going to try an $8.00 bottle of a beer they've never heard of especially with a "funny name" like La Folie, or Rogue Dead Guy, either.....I keep forgetting sometimes that the whole world doesn't share our knowledge, interest, passion, or willingness to try different beers, anyway.

(That's just means more for the rest of us!!!) :tank:

So tdavisii, buddy, have we convinced you to join the 21st century yet? Bottles are so old school dontjaknow! :D

(Old people these days, so resistant to change.)
icon_204.gif

Im on my way. slowly but surely. But im still a little hurt by your shlitz comment;)

A lot of people are not willing to pay $8 for a bottle of beer but that doesn't stop me from spending upwards of $20 for specialty stuff.

But they are willing to pay $8 for 12-16 oz BMC at a baseball/football/hokey/concert. I guess its all perspective.

But BMC is a known commodity...They know that although they are paying a jacked up price for the privalege of drinking at that venue, they know that it's not going to taste like **** (or at least not **** to them.) They trust that that 8 dollar bud is going to taste exactly like what they pay their normal price for...So they ***** about it, and pull out their wallet...knowing that they aren't going to have to spit it out because it tastes "different."

I'm sitting here drinking a centennial IPA from founders, it is hoppy enough to make my teeth hurt...AND I LOVE IT....I loved it the first time I tried it....When I never had heard of it before and I saw it, just like I did with Rogue, or Stone...I bought them pretty much "blind" or after hearing about it on a beer site like here.

But I can't see a typical BMC drinker wanting to risk their hard earned cash....I'm sure it would make many bmc drinkers pucker...

I maintain the we're different...we get chubbys when we hear about a new beer (at least I do), and we're not above snagging some strange dusty 12 dollar bottle off the shelve of the beer store, and diving into to it with gusto....Sadly most bmc drinkers won't do that...

It just occurred to me that MOST people aren't going to try an $8.00 bottle of a beer they've never heard of especially with a "funny name" like La Folie, or Rogue Dead Guy, either.....I keep forgetting sometimes that the whole world doesn't share our knowledge, interest, passion, or willingness to try different beers, anyway.

(That's just means more for the rest of us!!!) :tank:

I wish there was more barrel aged speedway stout and deschutes dissident in the world. Hyped beer is so hard to get.

All this BMC bashing REVVY.............I challenge you to brew one. Its not as easy as it appears. I have several BMC buddies. Since i love to brew and share i have brewed three now, all lagers. I agree i love trying new beer and by choice i usually dont drink BMC. So mister BMC basher put your money where your mouth is:D

When its done we can arrange a swap:rockin:

All this BMC bashing REVVY.............I challenge you to brew one. Its not as easy as it appears. I have several BMC buddies. Since i love to brew and share i have brewed three now, all lagers. I agree i love trying new beer and by choice i usually dont drink BMC. So mister BMC basher put your money where your mouth is:D

When its done we can arrange a swap:rockin:
Dude...if you've read ANY of my posts, then you would know I've been the furthest one to bash bmc, or those that drink it....in fact I've made the same suggestions to people who were, the same challenge that you did to me, to try to brew them....I admit not to having the skill to do it....and just because I don't personally like light lagers, doesn't mean I hate those who drink it...or even hate it, in itself....

Look at my postings about the book "ambitious brew," and you'll see exactly where I stand on BMC...and AB in general....I've written and attempted to bust a lot of the myths that a lot of EAC's on here have about Budweiser...I have a grudging respect for them.

What I'm saying as a professional student, teacher, and commentator on human dynamics, psychology, behavior AND culture (You can check out my NON BEER WRITINGS to get a handle on where I come from in my ideas, I'll give you the links if you want, a lot of them are also on my myspace page) is that the no matter how hard we try to convince them, the majority of BMC drinkers will not open their minds, their pallets OR THEIR WALLETS to try new things...

It's human nature...not just in beer, but in most of society...We condemn, we fear, or we simply ignore what we don't understand...we don't attempt to understand and embrace...the majority of humanity will choose a safe and knowing commodity, then to step out of their comfort zones....

The majority of bmc style beer drinkers will fork over 8 bucks for a bottle of budweiser at a football game, than they will fork over the same 8 bucks for a bottle of Rogue Dead Guy, or Arrogant Bastard...That's a simple fact of the brewing industry.

If they did, then Rogue, or Stone would be running 30 commercials at 5 million dollars a pop at this year's superbowl.

And we beersnobs would be bitching about them...(because that's OUR human nature...like you did at the start of the thread, bashing the microbrewers who went to cans, and accusing them of selling out ;) )

Me I've drunk gallons of Labatt's, or PBR, Or Old Milwaukee at various hockey games or dive bars, for years...AND I've written about those pleasure here...Gee in fact in this very thread I believe...Look up an you'll see my comments about old milwaukee a few weeks back...I freaking loved it!!!

AND I'd kill for an oldschool can of Schlitz, or Strohs....OR THE RECIPES TO BREW THEM ON THE HOMEBREW SCALE!!!

So rather than keep trying to get me into a flame war with you (which I won't; THIS homey don't play that way) actually read beyond the surface of what I've been saying....

I'm not condemming or bashing BUD....I'm just pointing out THE VERITIES AND BALDERDASH that is human nature....

:mug:

I think canning is a great idea and I'm glad to see more and more micros moving to cans. The brewhouse that we used at Stix was sold to the former asst. brewer at Silver City who's opening a new brewery in Gig Harbor, WA. He will sell his beer exclusively on draft and in CANS.

Also, some of my favorites are canned.

can1.gif

can2.jpg

can3.jpg

All this BMC bashing REVVY.............
You guys are making my head hurt.

I didn't really catch Revvy BASHING BMC. He's just saying that a bud drinker knows what he's getting....and is usually willing to pay the price for it....and he's right.
Especially with money getting pretty tight for people, I'm not as willing to crank out the cash for something that Might Suck!
The issue that I have with canning beer...is they are all really expensive, and I can't see shelling out $9.50 for a 6 pack of beer that doesn't even leave me with bottles.
I will however agree with DeepSix and others...Cans are the economicly responsible thing to do for the breweries.
I just don't see the down side unless you are a brewer and want the bottles.

tdavisii...Stop Poking Revvy with your stick.

Revvy...Let's try and keep posts in self deffense limited to 10 paragraphs. :D

****EDIT****
Revvy...You ever brew Strohs...and you can consider our friendship severely tarnished.

I totally see what your saying Revvy maybe the "bashing" word was inappropriate. But you didnt mention anything of my challenge. So your backing down????;) You know intimidation of a brewing out side your box is a symtom of this new word i learned.......what is it.............oh yea....noobitus:D

ME YOU BMC CLONE

Kahuna yes maybe i was poking REVVY with a stick i admit but only in good fun.

I totally see what your saying Revvy maybe the "bashing" word was inappropriate. But you didnt mention anything of my challenge. So your backing down????;) You know intimidation of a brewing out side your box is a symtom of this new word i learned.......what is it.............oh yea....noobitus:D

ME YOU BMC CLONE

Kahuna yes maybe i was poking REVVY with a stick i admit but only in good fun.

Already answered it here,

In fact I've made the same suggestions to people who were, the same challenge that you did to me, to try to brew them....I admit not to having the skill to do it....and just because I don't personally like light lagers, doesn't mean I hate those who drink it...or even hate it, in itself....

I don't have a lagering setup either....Besides, I really have no desire to brew any beer that I wouldn't enjoy drinking myself...AND Bud's not one that gives me any pleasure....Nor do most lagers or Pilsners, or wits

AND I already know my cock is big enough, so I don't need to prove to anyone who's the more "macho" brewer or guy....

I'm bored now....I think the can discussion is done, so I'll ride off into the sunset.

:mug:

Also, some of my favorites are canned.

7846-fat-tire-cans-can2.jpg

This is real? You can actually get Rodenbach in a can?

It is rare i can find a bottle of Rodenbach so i'm sure I would never find it in a can but I'm still surprised it exists.

If I ever see some good brews in a can you can be sure I will buy them. However Cleveland is a very conservative beer market so i don't see it happening any time soon.

Craig

This is real? You can actually get Rodenbach in a can?

It is rare i can find a bottle of Rodenbach so i'm sure I would never find it in a can but I'm still surprised it exists.

If I ever see some good brews in a can you can be sure I will buy them. However Cleveland is a very conservative beer market so i don't see it happening any time soon.

Craig

"When you need a roadie, make it Rodenbach."
Tom and Lori, as we'd expected, showed up with passel of beers from their Belgian trip (see The Adventures of Lori and Li'l Tommy below). Tom started off their presentation with a bright red can of, can you believe it, Rodenbach Red! We actually bought it at a road stop," he said. "As soon as we saw it, I knew we had to have some. It was just a couple of dollars for a four-pack. You could get cans of Duvel and other beers too." It's kinda hard to picture driving down the road quaffing Rodenbach, but I guess I could learn to handle it. I stole the photo here from web since my computer woes leave me unable to photograph and scan the can I brought home from the Tasting.

LIQUID DIET ONLINE

Latest posts

Back