Happy St. Paddy's- what are you drinking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
Happy St. Paddy's everyone-

Curious to see what everyone plans on drinking tonight. I plan on starting with some homebrew, then move to some Irish car bombs! A black and tan might work its way into there at some point as well. Hopefully we won't try to order a black and tan pitcher this year (happened a few years back, we insisted on one).

"May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint!"

I dont get to celebrate it until I get out of work, which will be 12:30 am but When I do get home im going to pound a bunch of my Crimson Ale's aka Irish Red.

I did most of my celebrating this weekend as well... I'm a working man and Monday St. Paddy's is bad timing.

In any case, I did get a couple beers for a special occasion I plan to drink this evening. An Ommegang Abbey (corked 25oz) and Lost Abbey Lost and Found (corked 25oz); I'll probably split some of it with SWMBO.

In any case, the Irish probably wouldn't like me too much considering I'll be drinking Belgian styles on "their" day...

A case of Guiness

A 12-er of Ellicotville Brewing Co. Pale Ale (bunky batch - I think they cheaped out on a few oz of Cascade)

A 6-er of Victory Hopdevils

5 lousy HB porters

A Happy Saint Pat's day to All!

grabbed a couple of bombers of hb stout and a couple of 12's of hb red from the stash. plus swmbo is grabbing some apfelwein from the stash. should be a good night. had the corned beef and cabbage yesterday. sirloin tips tonight.

Happy drinking everyone.

:mug:

Guinness, guinness, and guinness!

$2 pints down the street....can't beat that when they are usually $5.50

Mostly my American Rye ale, but I may stop at the store for a sixer of Smithwick's on the way home, just for the occasion. There might be Wild Turkey, too.

I got ahead today at work, so I don't have to go in tomorrow until 11:30. Thinking about an afternoon trip to Durty Nelly's on the Riverwalk, then polishing off the evening with some craft brew from a local place.

I am stuck at home because all of my friends (and SWMBO) are playing war this week.

I am going all out though--I have the corned beef and cabbage boiling right now, and I'm about to start in on the Guinness.

Tonight is gonna be ugly. Me alone with Guinness and friggin' awesome eats. Uh-oh!!!!!

Got an oatmeal stout HB for me, and a pale ale + green food coloring for SWMBO (I know, I know... I am SLOWLY working on her:) )

well so far at the bar I've had a car bomb a double of jameson and a guinness....so far the damage is $7...lol

IRISH FEAST!

irish_feast.jpg

I wanted to keg my stout and serve it on my new nitro stuff but the eBay dude I bought the extra kegs from must have shipped them USPS Slow Service. :(

I'll have to make do with Irish Red instead. :)

irishred.jpg

I know it's already the next day but i ended up having a few guinnesses and a St. Bernardus Abt 12 while i was transferring my Rochefort 10 clone to secondary.

Few too many car bombs/Guinness last night- I think I could gas power myself to the moon right now! I know one of my co-workers has already detected the exhaust. I'll tell you what, I don't know how I used to go out on the weeknights all the time because I'm really paying for it right now.

I just got home from work. Stopped by the store and grabbed a 12 pack of guinness draught. Got home made a carbomb now I'm feeling good after 10 hours of work. Swmbo said she had a crappy day at work and suggested I stop off at the store to get some guinness. Damn I love her!

I guess I am a day late for this thread but I had some leprecon piss. It was kinda good but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who drinks bud light.... You will probably die... The worst part was catching him of course, but it was well worth it. I will agree with you that this joke was not very funny... but I still felt compelled to type it...

Back