Re-usable Labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosox

Reaction score
Like most Homebrewers, I re-use my bottles, and it'd be cool to stick some labels on them, but is this practical? Is it possible to have a label that will withstand the sanitizing process? I don't have a bottle rinser or whatever, I just fill my sink up, add some sanitizer and soak them. :mug:

I can get you some Vynil stickers that should last quite a few washes. They can either be cut or printed vynil (like you'd use for a vehicle wrap) but it'd run like $45 a square foot minimum. $20 a foot after.
when I was trying to figure if it'd be something brewbrand creative wanted to offer, I think it was like $180 for something like 50 or 60 labels. but that was some time ago and I tossed my notes.

If you would like an exact quote give me the label deminsions and howmany you want and I'll talk to my vynil person and see what the total would be plus shipping. I wouldn't make any money off it so I'd just be a messenger/middle man. He only takes Cash or Credit Cards no paypal. I'm also thinking you could add some round logo images in there to fill space if needed. could use for the neck or caps?? just a thought though.

Hmmm that's a good thought. $180 for 50 bottles worth would be a little too expensive for me, as my homebrewing hobby is already starting to cost me more then I anticipated haha.

I haven't even gotten any label dimensions at all yet, and as for the caps, that'd be cool maybe, especially if it was cheaper. I'll have to think about this and get back with you

When ever I bottle I always like to make a lable for each bottle, but I don't want to wash labels off bottles after each fill. That's why I started making labels for the bottle caps. Each of the pics will fit onto 1" labels that I put on every bottle cap, and this system is working well.
I use the Avery® White Print or Write Clear Mailing Seals for Laser and Inkjet Printers 5248, 1" Round, Pack of 480, and costs about $10.00.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pr...nnel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD
I just thought it would be cool to post pictures of your homebrew labels.

Here are a couple of mine.
file.php

Wow 480 bottle caps for $10? Now that's in my price range. Coy, could you get anything like that?

Wow 480 bottle caps for $10? Now that's in my price range. Coy, could you get anything like that?

I have a few things lined up before I put this area into plan but for alittle insite..
I'll be screen printing bottle caps some time in the near future. I figured I can get around 208 caps per "palate/plate".. W/ set up costs and printing it should run about $40 ruffly around $.20 a cap, probably cheaper. this is just a ruff guess.
I just need to sit down and get to the math, estimated cost of supplies, my time and shipping all need to be layed out.. They will be one color runs at first, till I upgrade my press to a 2or 4 color. I'm also going to see how I'd be able to print on bottles. ;)

I use Avery Weatherproof labels when I take beer places in a cooler. They stick so well that I usually just leave the labels on the bottles and slap a new one over the old one then next time I add a label.
They peel off pretty easily, the only problem is that they leave a sticky residue that's hard to get off. Goo Gone will take it off, and I'm trying out soaking them in Oxiclean right now.

Back