Aiken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliehorse

Reaction score
I just moved to Aiken, SC from Northern Virginia (best move ever!). Is there a homebrewers' club in the Aiken area? I'm an all-grain brewer and I've been brewing for about 3 years.

I do not know of a homebrew club in Aiken, but I have only worked there for about one year. I'm always bringing my beers to share with my co-workers...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't think so, I do believe there is a club in Augusta. PM me, lets do some trading

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Aiken Brewing Co. on Laurens street downtown...

Great beer (I recommend the Red ale and Ashford IPA!) and phenomenal chicken wings! I consider myself a wing connoisseur and they are perfect! Flavorful, cooked properly and BIG!

They do put out some quality stuff, the west coast pale ale is one of my favorites, but it's tough to beat the Thoroughbred Red. It won some awards at the GABF twice I believe. I've yet to have beer, food, or service at the brewpub that wasn't top notch. Christian, who works upstairs, could be the best bartender... ever

I met Adam at the downstairs bar. He was great, and so was the Red!! Place was absolutely packed out... But my wait was only 10-15 minutes, tops.

Catdaddy, I tried the Ashford IP and it must have been a bad batch. It tasted like a slightly over-hopped Schwartzbier. I'd heard good things about their porter and stout, but they had none on tap.

The Ashford IPA was ok, pretty good but not awesome. Never had a dark IPA before. They were out of the regular IPA and their porter. But I managed to get buzzed anyway!

Sorry to necro a thread here, but I have recently moved to Aiken from Atlanta and am looking for people to trade/brew with.

Please feel free to send me a PM. I usually keg all of my beers, but if people are interested in trading I can bottle a batch instead.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Old thread but wanted to update it. Aiken has a large brewer club now. We meet upstairs at Aiken Brewing Co. every third Tuesday of the month. Have 20-30+/- ppl each meeting. Starts at 7PM but can came ~6:30 for some food prior to the meeting. Can last until 9ish pending the sampling of fellow brews. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back