My first home brew opened!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
I have 3 batches going right now, two made from a Mr. Beer Kit that I got at Christmas and a porter I made in a carboy I bought a week ago.

The first batch was the Pale Ale that comes with the Mr.Beer kit, I carbonated it about 6 days ago and the suspense was too much, so I decided to "test out" a bottle for quality control reasons of course. I fully understand the bennefits of conditoning, but hey its my brewery.

Anyways I was expecting a ok beer from what everyone said would come from the Mr.Beer kit, but I am pretty impressed with it, considering it was a primary only fermented and barely carbonated, let alone not conditioned.

There are small traces of yeast ( I live on hefe wiezen so not an issue) and banana notes, but overall its a pretty good beer.

Well I am offically Hooked and here to stay. I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me.

Back