watered down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglkaptc

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well I tasted my first batch a couple weeks ago and it was good. Waiting a couple more weeks, last night I took some over my friends house, and they tasted like carbonated water. There was a little flavor, but there was not much after taste. I did a Brewers Best Red Ale kit, and followed the instructions. Filled to the 5 gallon mark. How could it be watered down? Is it maybe infection that made it taste like this? Help me to explain.

P.S. The color is amazing, and the head is about an inch. It looks great, but taste flavorless.:confused: :confused: :confused:

more often than not, your issue with lack of flavor would be that you didn't steep your grain long enough...especially with a BB kit. Some of them that I've done don't call for a steep at all...just bring to temp and remove.

The other possibility is that if you are a recovering BMC drinker...it's going to take a while to get the thought out of your head that beer should taste like bitter pizzle and fizz.

Get going on your next batch, and steep the grains a bit...say...20 minutes at 155 degrees.
:mug:
Welcome to the insanity.

Latest posts

Back