Mesh Bags?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric777

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a partial mash soon and was wondering if the mesh bags are reusable?

Also seen where folks have used paint strainers like found at LOWS or Home Depot as an alternative. Is this common?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row..... Thanks!

A quick tip for cleaning your grain bag: Spray it out with some water when you're done with it, but don't worry about getting every single piece of grain out. It will be really easy to get all the grain out if you hang it up to dry. All of the grain particles will dry and fall off with a quick brush off.

I wasted a lot of time my first couple of batches trying to get everything out right away by putting the grain bag under running water, flipping it inside out, blah blah blah. Now I spray it a couple time and brush everything off the dried grain particles the next day. This is a big time saver when you're cleaning up.

Talk about great info! Thanks for the heads up.... I can see me sitting at the sink for ever trying to get every tidbit out of the bag....lol

Hmm...I don't sanitize my paint strainer. Is there really any purpose to it? You're going to boil the wort, after all.

Hmm...I don't sanitize my paint strainer. Is there really any purpose to it? You're going to boil the wort, after all.

No real need to sanitize before boiling, but it is a good habit to get in to.
If you get into the habit of sanitizing everything brew related besides the software, it is less likely you will forget something important, like the bag for dry hopping.

Latest posts

Back