Lazy way to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyflower

Reaction score
If brewing from barley malt is called all grain brewing and brewing from a can of syrupy extract is called extract brewing, what is it called when you make beer from one of those concentrated liquid wort kits, or even those non-concentrated 23 litre bags of wort?

Concentrated liquid wort kits would be extract brewing.

Non-concentrated 23 litre bags of wort? I've never seen these before.

Are you maybe talking about wine kits?

I think he is talking about festabrew. Its wort that people buy and ferment. From what I hear its supposed to be good. You just add yeast to the wort that the company makes for you.

Not sure what to call the process. Fermenting?

I agree with "where's the fun it that?" But this is my second time making beer at home. I planned to jump right into all grain, and I even constructed a makeshift mash tun, but I couldn't find easily accessible malt at a reasonable price. I resorted to these kits. The beer and wine store here didn't even sell cans of extract, only concentrated 11 L wort and now these unconcentrated 23 L bags of wort. Soon...soon I will unleash my mash tun and let the madness begin.

I don't know that I would even call that brewing.... Open bag, add yeast? At that point why not just buy a 6-pack? No offense, if it's good it's good, I just don't get it.

On the other hand I'm pretty impressed that the company can manage to ship out all those boxes of unfermented wort without having problems with infection.

They should just ship it to you in buckets like they do pickles and other stuff to food establishments... the bucket could have a spot marked for an airlock and you'd just drill it out and stick one in.

They should just ship it to you in buckets like they do pickles and other stuff to food establishments... the bucket could have a spot marked for an airlock and you'd just drill it out and stick one in.

I've seen wine kits loke that.

Well maybe you should start a business like that. These easy kits are very poupular. Barrel 'O Beer you could call it!
The beer and wine kit store here is actually going to start making beer on site like they make wine.

Back