Need Cigar Recommendation for Tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasDroughtBrewery

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I got a bottle of Grangestone 21yr Single Malt Scotch Whisky from Highlands, Scotland and I wanted to open it up for the first time with a good friend of mine at the cigar lounge. However, I don't really know much about cigars Ive only tried black and milds, ACIDs and pretty much things to that nature.

I am looking for recommendations for a beginner cigar to light up with this bottle of scotch tomorrow any ideas??

I've been trying this cigar thing for a bit lately too. Have had several I enjoyed.

But none so much as a cheap Swisher Sweet or Capone cigarillo. <shrug>

I've been trying this cigar thing for a bit lately too. Have had several I enjoyed.

But none so much as a cheap Swisher Sweet or Capone cigarillo. <shrug>

Yeah, I had those cheap ones when I was younger and it was "cool" LOL.

Now I am just trying to give it a go properly and see if I can enjoy a good cigar in a nice lounge and maybe even play some chess.

As long as you get a good quality cigar you'll be fine. Scotch & cigars don't need to be "paired." Thank god

Yeah, I had those cheap ones when I was younger and it was "cool" LOL.

I've had some expensive cigars that I thought tasted like ass covered in ground black pepper.

Point was if you know you enjoy a certain cigar, even if it a cheap one, it'll pair better than taking a chance on one only to find you hate it. And worse, if the cigar is that bad, it'll ruin the whiskey experience with it.

Just about any cigar by Arturo Fuente is going to be pretty tasty. I was always partial to the 8-5-8's, the Romeo y Julieta, and of course the Hemingways. If you like a mild, yet tasty cigar, try the Double Chateau Natural Toro. If you want more flavor, try the Hemingway Bestseller Cameroon Perfecto; for even more flavor, try something in a Maduro.
Regards, GF.

Usually, anything from Rocky Patel will be great, Drew estate cigars are very nice as well. My go to cigar is Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited Cafe con Leche, this is one of the smoothest cigars that I have in the ole humidor, very lite taste of espresso.
But I have to agree with mjdonnelly68 -
But trying to recommend a cigar to smoke is like trying to recommend a woman to date. You're almost always better off discovering one on your own - only you know what you like.

Ok, here is the update. I went with the Arturo Fuente Hemingway and really enjoyed it.

scotch and stick.jpg

Back